Whether the household air conditioner is a split unit or a window unit, the refrigerant r410 perfused inside is a highly permeable liquid that is easy to leak. The lack of refrigerant r410 in the air conditioner is often a common fault caused by leakage.
When the cooling effect of the air conditioner is poor, or the cooling is not at all, the following methods can be used to easily determine whether there is leakage or lack of refrigerant r410.
1. Open the cabinet panel of the indoor unit of the air conditioner and remove the air filter grid, and then observe the size of the frosting area of the evaporator. If only a small part of the evaporator surface is found to accumulate frost, it means that the refrigerant r410 in the air conditioner is serious. Insufficient or local leakage has occurred. This is because when the agent circulating in the pipeline is insufficient, the cooling area of the air conditioner will also be greatly reduced.
2. In the cooling operation state, use the remote control to preset the cooling temperature to be about 5℃ lower than the indoor temperature. After the air-conditioning compressor runs normally for about 20 minutes, check whether there is frost on the surface of the hydraulic copper pipe of the indoor unit. The appearance of white frost on the surface of the pipe proves that the refrigerant r410 in the air-conditioning pipe has a leakage fault.
3. After the air conditioner is running normally for about half an hour, but the temperature sensor of a thermometer close to the air conditioner's cold vent. After a few minutes, observe whether the temperature displayed by the thermometer is 4～8℃ lower than room temperature. If the actual measured temperature difference is less than The above temperature difference is even similar to the current room temperature, and the air-conditioning compressor is still running at this time, it can be certain that the refrigerant r410 liquid in the machine has leaked out.
4. When the air is running normally, the palm of your hand is at the exhaust vent (or outside the condensation shutter of the window air conditioner), and you should feel the exhaust vent discharge hot air. If there is no obvious heat discharge from the exhaust vent, it means that the refrigerant r410 has leaked.
5. The refrigerant r410 and refrigerating oil filled in the air conditioner will have a certain degree of mutual solubility. Therefore, when the refrigerant r410 in the pipeline leaks outwards, the copper pipe connector, the steel pipe bell mouth, and the outdoor gas-liquid valve, valve core, etc. of the machine will leave oil stains. Therefore, when oil stains are found somewhere in the above-mentioned related parts, it means that this is the leakage point of refrigerant r410.