Whether the Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA fire extinguishing system will cause harm to the human body is a question that many people will pay attention to. Today we will answer for you. First of all, we need to understand what is Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA.
Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA (HFC-227ea/FM200) is a clean gas chemical fire extinguishing agent mainly for chemical fire extinguishing and also for physical fire extinguishing; its chemical formula is CF3-CHF-CF3 or C3HF7, its melting point is 131°C, boiling
It is 16.3C. Slightly soluble in water (260mg/L).
According to GB50370-2005 "Code for Design of Gas Fire Extinguishing System", GB50263-2007 "Code for Implementation and Acceptance of Gas Fire Extinguishing System" mentions that "Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA is the current alternative to Halon
A product with a good fire extinguishing system effect. The ozone layer depletion potential value is ODP=0, the greenhouse effect potential value is GWP=0.6, and the storage life in the atmosphere is 31 years. The non-toxic reaction concentration of the fire extinguishing agent is about
NOAEL=9%, the basic concentration of fire extinguishing design is C=8%, good cleanliness (completely vaporized in the atmosphere without leaving residue), good gas phase electrical insulation, and good physical properties suitable for use in fire extinguishing systems
can. "So Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA fire extinguishing agent will not cause damage to objects and precision facilities. It has a short storage period in nature, high fire extinguishing efficiency, and is non-toxic at a certain design concentration. It is suitable for protected areas with permanent staff.
Its characteristics are:
(1) Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA fire extinguishing agent can reliably extinguish class B and C fires and electrical fires with a low fire extinguishing concentration;
(2) The storage space is small, the critical temperature is high, and the critical pressure is low, so it can be liquefied and stored at room temperature;
(3) After release, it does not contain particles or oily residues and has no damaging effect on the atmospheric ozone layer (ODP value is zero), and the residence time in the atmosphere is 31 to 42 years, which meets environmental protection requirements.
(4) Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA has no harm to the human body in the state of no autumn within the design concentration range! (The design standard is generally 10%, and the toxic reaction is 10.5%). Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA fire extinguishing system, ig541 gas fire extinguishing equipment, high-pressure water mist fire extinguishing system
But you also need to know the following points:
1. The toxicity of Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA itself, when the concentration reaches more than 10%, the discomfort will appear, and it will be life-threatening after a long time.
2. Although Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA is relatively stable at room temperature, it will still decompose at high temperatures to produce hydrogen fluoride, which will produce a pungent smell at this moment. Other combustion products include carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide.
3. The poisonous gas that may be produced by the burning of substances in the protected area is also unpredictable.
To sum up: the Heptafluoropropane HFC-227EA fire extinguishing agent is safe and non-toxic when used in places with a large flow of people as long as it is in the normal design concentration. It can also be used in protected areas such as electronic instruments, precision instruments, and valuables. but
What we should pay attention to is that when the concentration of fire extinguishing agents exceeds 10.5% in places where there are frequent people, all the people present must evacuate within 1 minute.