In life, I believe we have all heard of refrigerants and used refrigerants, so what is their meaning and what are their specific performances? Next, Limin Chemical will introduce it in detail.
The meaning of refrigerant:
Refrigerant, also known as refrigerant or refrigerant, is a substance used in refrigeration system equipment to achieve refrigeration cycles. To play the role of heat transfer.
Knowing the meaning of refrigerant, let's talk about its performance. The main function of refrigerant is to transfer heat through the change of its physical form. It circulates continuously in the refrigeration system. Under its evaporation pressure, the liquid refrigerant can evaporate into a gas by absorbing heat. Under condensation pressure, the gaseous refrigerant can emit heat and liquefy. Therefore, the refrigerant is constantly circulating in the refrigeration system and is an essential substance that transfers heat.
Refrigerants have the following performances: Refrigerants should have good performance in terms of heat, physics, chemistry, etc. because nothing can be perfect, so there is no perfect refrigerant, so people choose When using refrigerants, refrigerants with preferred performance should be selected as much as possible.
(1) In terms of physical properties: it should have a high heat transfer coefficient, low viscosity, and low density.
(2) In terms of chemical properties: the working fluid is required to have good chemical stability at high temperatures to ensure that the working fluid does not decompose at the highest working temperature.
(3) The solidification temperature is low under normal pressure.
(4) In terms of safety: the working medium should be non-toxic, non-irritating, non-flammable, and non-explosive.
(5) Economic aspect: the working substance is required to be cheap and easy to obtain.
(6) Environmental protection: The ozone depletion potential (ODP) and global warming potential (GWP) of the working fluid should be as small as possible to reduce the damage to the atmospheric ozone layer and cause global warming.