Everyone knows that for every refrigeration equipment, the refrigerant is very important and can be said to be indispensable; with it, the refrigeration equipment can achieve the effect of refrigeration. At present, there are many kinds of refrigerants. However, there are many inferior products. Because of the lack of strong and responsible large-scale enterprises in the refrigerant field for a long time, and the imperfect refrigerant sales channels in the market, some refrigerants flooding the market. . Don't ignore this problem, because it will not only affect the operation and efficiency of the refrigeration system but also cause damage to the interests of many businesses and consumers. So what harm will inferior refrigerants do?
01. Harm of inferior refrigerants
1. Counterfeit refrigerants are often the product of some small workshops, and all indicators fail to meet the requirements. Excessive acid ions and sulfur ions will accelerate the corrosion of refrigeration equipment. If aluminum pipes are used, the corrosion rate will be very fast.
2. The formula ratio is inaccurate, and there is no precision at all. Unnecessary workload and damage to compressor accessories.
3. The refrigerant is not used completely, causing some harmful gases to flow into the refrigeration system, and the consequences will be quite serious.
4. Excessive fluorine content in the refrigerant will cause leakage, which is very harmful to the ozone layer on which human beings depend.
5. The parts with uneven quality levels are mixed with flammable gas, which can easily cause fire and explosion accidents.
Given this situation, we sincerely recommend:
02. How to identify inferior refrigerants
1. Please be sure to purchase refrigerants produced by regular manufacturers through formal channels. If the price of refrigerants is significantly lower than the market price, a high degree of vigilance should be aroused.
2. If you have testing conditions, it is recommended to test the purity and acidity of the refrigerant before using it. It is not recommended to use a refrigerant whose test result is significantly lower than the industry standard. Note: The purity of qualified R22 refrigerants should be greater than 99% (the purity of high-quality refrigerants should be greater than 99.8%), and the acidity (calculated by HCL) should be less than 0.0001.
3. If you do not have the refrigerant detection conditions, it is recommended to perform a simple inspection on the refrigerant before using it. The simple inspection method can be as follows:
 Turn the refrigerant tank upside down and release a small amount of refrigerant onto a piece of white paper. If there are obvious impurities or liquid water on the white paper, it indicates that the refrigerant is of poor quality and is not recommended.
 Connect the pressure gauge to test the refrigerant bottle pressure, and compare the refrigerant temperature and pressure characteristic table to check whether the pressure in the bottle is within the normal range. If the pressure is abnormal, it is not recommended to use it. And when the refrigerant is half used, the pressure in the bottle can be tested again. For a single-component refrigerant such as Chlorodifluoromethane R-22, the two measured bottle pressure values should be very close, but for low-quality refrigerants, usually mixed with a variety of components. After the internal refrigerant is used, due to the change in the composition ratio, the bottle pressure will usually be quite different. If you encounter such a phenomenon, it is recommended to stop the refrigerant immediately, and drain the refrigerant that has been charged into the system to avoid contaminating the system.
To maintain the safety and reliability of your refrigeration system, to maintain your business image, and to protect your life, please stay away from counterfeit refrigerants!